The Fun and Crazy happenings of our Fun and Crazy FAMILY!!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Now It's Our Turn..................

Last weekend Stephanie and Jimmy took off for a long 4 day weekend away. This weekend Tim and I do the same thing. Every year we take our very dear friends, Ricky and Tanya to a NASCAR race. Dr. Rick (what I call him professionally - but Ricky is what I call him as my friend) is our coporate physician and has done so much to help us that this is our once a year thank you to him.

The last two years we have gone to Phoenix in April. We would all fly to Phoenix and Tim and Ricky would take care of a day's worth of work at our Phoenix office and usually go by the clinic there then the rest of our trip would be fun. This year we decided to do the Vegas NASCAR race so tonight after work the 4 of us head out and don't return until Monday night. I can't wait. We are going to have a blast, that I can assure you. They are both so much fun to hang out with.
Personally, I am looking forward to the time with my husband. We are in a spa suite so plan on doing some down time too and just chill. When we return on Monday life will kick up a HUGE NOTCH for about 6 weeks. Tuesday night, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo starts and Tim and I are both on committees. My team opens the show on Tuesday with Rascal Flatts (yeah!). Then for the next 3 weeks we will be working 2 out of every 3 nights. And there are a few nights off we'll be there seeing a performer we can't miss. Rodeo ends Sunday, the 22.

Monday after RODEO we go full force getting ready for our yearly AGC cook-off with work. I chair the event each year (our 5th year) and Tim is the head cook. We are already working hard on it but that week before is CRAZY..............I MEAN CRAZY. We set up Thursday all day, season meat, get ready and Friday it's full force. The event is Friday night and Saturday. Last few years we have done a saloon/western theme (which is why you see Tim and I looking like Matt Dillon and Miss Kitty below) and have won several of the events..........ribs, people's choice award, best hospitality and theme. BUT, it's time to change our theme so we are doing the ANIMAL HOUSE TOGA PARTY. It is going to be great. But it is some of the hardest work we do. It is so much fun but such an exhausting weekend.
That week afterwards should be ok but we leave the next weekend for my birthday weekend in Ft. Worth at the spring TEXAS NASCAR RACE. Our company uses Dewalt tools non-stop and have a great relationship with them. Well, the local rep and I worked on a lot of stuff for my boss and the World of Concrete earlier this month so Nathan is treating me with 4 tickets, infield with the Dewalt team, the works for the race. Hey, I couldn't think of a better birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After that race on April 5, life should slow down. But you never know.

Just looking forward to this weekend away with my BABY!!! We NEED it!

No comments: