The Fun and Crazy happenings of our Fun and Crazy FAMILY!!

Friday, February 13, 2009

My Man is HOME Safe and Sound......

I was fast asleep when I heard the house alarm start chirping last night because someone had opened the door. Normally that would scare me to death if I was by myself. Last night it brought joy and a sense of relief. Tim was home.

I've shared that Tim has been out of town most of this week and last night was like a bad dream with him trying to get out of New York to come home. He called me yesterday and said he was worried about getting out of LaGuardia (LGA) because of some high winds. I started looking into it and all flights out of LGA were already running about 3 hours behind. He was on the last flight out so I knew it would probably end up being cancelled. Started working on getting him out of Newark, NJ (EWR) and was able to get him on a 5:30 pm flight which was already showing a 1 hour 13 minute delay.

He made it to EWR with no problems but once he was at the gate it became like a bad dream. There was constant delays. When they finally had a plane and a crew (7:30 EST) they loaded up. We talked right before they closed the door. I was so relieved he was about to leave. I then get a text message (8:13 EST) saying they pulled from the gate and then the co-pilot ran out of hours. He couldn't fly anymore. So they pulled back to the gate to see if they could get another co-pilot. Jetway was broken and wouldn't pull out to the plane. Great. After getting that fixed, a new co-pilot and reboarding of plane some "dummy" opened one of the side doors of the plane. Would they ever take off?

We talked off and on during this time but were both irritable at the situation. At 10:04 EST I got the text message that the door was shut. I called and checked flight status after a few minutes and Praise God the plane had taken off just a few minutes before.

My thoughts last night during all this? Aggrivated. Irritable. Why was this happening? Was God delaying the plane because of the strong winds and trouble? Worrying. I remember praying to God to please put a hedge of protection around that plane and get my Man home.

My thoughts this morning. I opened my eyes and there was my Baby. I was happy. Grateful. Joyful. Relieved.

Then we turned on the morning news to hear of the tragedy that happened to Continental Flight 3407 that had departed just minutes after Tim's flight from just a couple of gates down, in the same terminal from the very same airport. My heart dropped. I was so burdened to pray for those families who lost loved ones last night.

I have had so many emotions running through my mind this morning and right now feel so aggrivated at myself for getting so frustrated and irritable because of all that Tim went through to get home. At least he made it home.

Families of Flight 3407 can't say that. Please pray for them.

No comments: