The Fun and Crazy happenings of our Fun and Crazy FAMILY!!

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving......

Our family minus a few...............

The SPREAD...............my Dad, Uncle Larry and Mom

We are home from my parents (Olive Branch, MS). We had an absolute blast. I love going there. This time was a little sad though because Tim stayed here to spend Thanksgiving with Dustin and Eric. This is the hard part of blended families. Tim's favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. He's not big (at all) on Christmas because of what has happened to it. Anyways, he likes being with family with no expectations of gifts - just each other. I have switched holidays all of my adult life (going Thanksgiving one year then Christmas the next). This was our year to go to my mom and dad's. My three look forward to going to their Nana and Papaw's all year long and now JD who is obsessed with his NANA talks about going all the time. So we went and Tim stayed here. Dustin and Eric have a grandfather that is not in good health so they need to spend all the time they can with him (especially holidays). I do hope one year they will choose to go to my folks with us to make it a perfect Thanksgiving.

I do have to say I enjoyed getting to spend 5 straight days with my kids and grandkids having fun. The Princess, Kenzie, became extremely attached to her KK. She at times wanted me over her mom. Sorry Steph. You are still her one and only Mama. I remember when Stephanie was a baby - she preferred her Nana over her Mama most of the time. At first it hurt my feelings then I grew to love it because I knew she still loved me but how special to have to special grandparent. Stephanie and her Nana are still extremely close. I hope Kenzie and I will be!!!!!! I just enjoyed the heck out of her reaching for me and wanting me to hold her and THAT SMILE. OH, THAT BEAUTIFUL SMILE.
JD, on the other hand is obsessed with his NANA. I love it though. He walks in the room in the morning and sees no one but Nana. Says....."Nana, and runs straight to her." I know JD loves his KK because when Nana is not around, I get that same treatment!!!!


My three...............this picture is my favorite because it's been way too long since I have had one of just Steph, Shan and Matt

How precious family is. How precious grandparents are........parents are.........grandkids are............kids are...........!!!!

Four Generations
I have so many other great pics so I'll keep posting. Most of them have stories so I'll have posts for the next week or so!!!
Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so cute, I love all the pictures. Hope you had a great thanksgiving, miss y'all. Tell Tim hello for me.xoxo Rachel