The Fun and Crazy happenings of our Fun and Crazy FAMILY!!

Friday, December 12, 2008

Favorite Christmas........

I've seen this on several blogs so I'm following suit................

1. Fresh or fake Christmas tree:
Definitely fresh. Always! Last year we had just moved into our new house and were spending Christmas at my parents so I only used my pencil tree (which I usually put in the kitchen) for our tree and it was so hard. This year - REAL!!!

2. Favorite Christmas ornament:
I have so many but probably the one my mom gave me while I was in Mississippi for Thanksgiving. It is a frog. It brings back so many memories. I used to draw one particular frog (Fred the Frog) when I was young all the time. I had to draw it for my little brother Chris constantly. I think I even made my mom an ornament out of cardboard of this frog. The ornament my mom gave me at Thanksgiving looks just like Fred.

3. Favorite Christmas song:
Definitely O Holy Night but I also love A Strange Way to Save the World by 4Him.

4. Favorite Christmas tradition:
I guess this takes me back to being a little girl. Every year my brother and I would wake up and have to go wake my parents up, go back to bed and "pretend" to wake up again while my parent's video taped us. We definitely should have won oscars for our performances each year. When I watch them now, I get tickled because it was a performance!!! But, I love it and remember making my kids do it a time or two and it is a memory I cherish.

5. Favorite Christmas gift ever received:
I can think of quite a few but the ultimate favorite was 13 years ago this very Christmas when Matthew Brian Bankard was born at 4:40am. I had a pretty tramatic delivery and I remember when they knocked me out not knowing if my son was alive or not. His name Matthew means "gift from God" and he truly is that to me. I can't believe that child is going to be a teenager!!! Wow! Another that I love is my past, present and future diamond pendant Tim gave me the Christmas of 2005. He wrapped a big box and inside were 4 wrapped boxes. The first one I opened had a piece of paper where he wrote something about our "pasts". The next about our "present" and the next, you guessed it, our "future". Each of the three were written so wonderfully and beautifully, and yes, I bawled. I love my MAN!!! The 4th was a beautiful past, present and future pendant with the three diamonds.

6. Favorite Christmas meal:
Honey Baked Ham, turkey, dressing, giblet gravy, green beans, cranberry and blueberry salads, purple hull peas, and rolls.

7. Favorite Christmas memory:
I would have to say the Christmas of 2003. We knew that my Pepa wouldn't live much longer so I know I remember making sure to enjoy this one with him. We took tons of pictures. I still miss my Pepa at Christmas. He made it very special.

8. Favorite Christmas cookie:
I guess it would be my favorite cookie anyways......sugar cookie!

9. Favorite place to be at Christmas:
I love going to my folks for Christmas. It's like being a kid again! BUT, I'll take anywhere my wonderful Husband and kids are.

10. Favorite Christmas movie:
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - hands down.

No comments: