The Fun and Crazy happenings of our Fun and Crazy FAMILY!!

Saturday, December 27, 2008

My Son is a TEENAGER!!



















I should have made this post 2 days ago but with Christmas I wasn't on the computer much at all. First of all, I was a little depressed. Secondly, I was still working on my tons of homemade presents. Let me explain.

Matthew was with his dad this year and I didn't get him until the 26th at noon. Stephanie and Jimmy had their precious little ones to have Santa with then they went to her sister-in-laws this year because we weren't having our Christmas until 26th evening. Shan got up early and went over to her dad's to celebrate Christmas with her brother and dad and their family. Eric had to work Christmas eve and the day after so he didn't come in and Dustin had to work Christmas day so it was just Tim and I. I kept looking at my handsome husband thanking him for being there.

I talked to my mom for a few minutes but we were both on the verge of tears (actually I think a meltdown) so we didn't stay on the phone long. We weren't helping each other. She, too, likes having her family and this year my little brother and his wife were going to her family and my other little brother, who is a fireman, had to work so she was like me, childless.

THEN, my family did homemade Christmas gifts this year. I had so much fun doing these. I made everyone blankets (except the girls cause I had extras for them). I made picture frames that were so awesome and crosses with stones on them. I made the guys key holders made of wood with hooks in them (and little stuff on it for whatever they are in to - Texas Tech stuff for Eric and UT stuff for Jimmy). It meant a lot to me to make these with my hands thinking and praying over the person I was making them for.
*********************************************
Oh, this wasn't really the intent of this post. It was to say that Christmas morning (4:40am to be exact) thirteen years ago I was delivering the best Christmas present I have ever been given. Matthew Brian Bankard was born. I had a very tramatic birth and he (and I actually) almost didn't make it. God had other plans..............................

Matthew has been through a lot and we've had some major challenges but I love that child more than I think he will ever know. He, for this season of time, lives full time with his dad and at times I miss him so much I can hardly stand it. I do get to see him often and stay in constant contact with him. In my divorce it was agreed that we would do joint conservatorship and the kids spent one week with me, then Mike, and so on. Shan couldn't do it for long and chose to live with me full-time. Matt has gone several years longer but we are finding through some of his challenges, that he needs the stability of one home. He chose his dad. I hurt over it but know that God is in control and will watch over Matthew as it is one of my standing and urgent prayers.

I won't go on and on but just want to honor my son, my teenager as he turns 13.

Here are a few random pics of my Matthew! Wish I had my hands easily on some baby pics but these were ones on my computer.

































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Loved seeing all your pics..I cannot believe Matt is 13....where has the time gone? I'm so thankful you are happy! Is God better than HE has to be or what?
Plz tell your folks I send my love!
Blessings to you for 2009!
Love You,
Donna Hazelwood