The Fun and Crazy happenings of our Fun and Crazy FAMILY!!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

THE BEAR HUNTER

Well, Tim has had a very fun and successful hunt with his kill of the moose on Monday, caribou on Tuesday. All he had left was the black bear. I know he tracked one yesterday but today was the day. He called me tonight, so excited at the big kill. His black bear was 7 1/2 feet tall. That is huge for a black bear. He is so proud. He said it was double the size of the other guys he is hunting with. The guide, who lives there and does this for a living told Tim that was one of the largest bears ever killed in that area.

Tim has never been bear hunting so I wanted all the details. He said it was so exciting but his heart was racing and about to pump out of his chest. He said he had to put 3 bullets in the bear and by the time the bear died he was headed for Tim. Yes, my heart would be pounding. I'm glad I wasn't watching that. I would have probably passed out. I wanted to ask Tim about his philosphy he shared before he left. I kept asking him, "Baby, what will you do if the bear starts coming after you? He said put 4 bullets in the bear then 1 in the foot of your hunting buddy and run. Let the bear get him. Of course, he was just joking Neil. He would never do that to you!!!!!!! I am just so excited for him!

SO, Tim's first question to me was, you still want your watchbear??? I'm thinking the bear rug is sounding better. I think a full size 7 1/2 foot bear standing in my house would scare the pants off me, with or without the growl!!! We'll see.

He did say the other guys are going out tomorrow to find a bigger bear than they had. Each hunter is limited to 1 moose, 1 caribou and 2 bear. They are obviously jealous of "THE BEAR HUNTER". Tim said he is satisfied with his kill and sees no need to kill another!!! That's my man!

Well, I assure that I will be posting lots of pics once Tim is home........which by the way is now less than 65 hours. I had several people ask me today why I had such a spring in my step. I was smiling saying Sunday is getting closer!!!!!!!

No comments: