The Fun and Crazy happenings of our Fun and Crazy FAMILY!!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What's God Up To................?

I have been living in a "theme" lately that I think God is telling me something. So, I'm submitting totally to learn from what He is telling me and showing me.

I've shared that I have been going through a tough time. We are having some custody issues with Matt and who knows what the future holds for my family but I do know this. I am not going to give the enemy any more ground. He will not push my buttons anymore. I have wallered in this mess long enough. Heading toward depression is just feeding this disease. NO MORE! Today, I choose with all my heart and mind to BELIEVE God when He says, "Trust Me" or "This is not your battle" or "Are you listening to ME?" Yes, Sir, I DO, and yes Sir, I am.

Over a month ago I got a great book for Thanksgiving called Giving Thanks The Gift of Gratitude by M.J. Ryan. I read it during the Thansgiving season and it spoke volumes to me about living a life with a grateful heart. It had already put me in a mindset of being grateful and tackling each day with a sense of gratitude. I've enjoyed focusing on all the things I have to be grateful for and have thanked God over and over for each of them lately.
Then Tim and I were sitting on the couch one Saturday morning several weeks ago watching a few movies and started watching the movie Pay It Forward, a movie that stars Haley Joel Osment as a boy who launches a good-will movement, Helen Hunt his single mother, and Kevin Spacey as his social-studies teacher. When 11-year-old Trevor McKinney begins seventh grade in Las Vegas, Nevada, his social studies teacher Eugene Simonet gives the class an assignment to devise and put into action a plan that will change the world for the better. Trevor calls his plan "pay it forward", which can be described as a charitable pyramid scheme, based on good deeds rather than profit. "Paying it forward" means the recipient of a favor does a favor for a third party rather than paying the favor back. Anyway, I had seen it before but Tim had not so we watched again and it really hit me hard. I thought we all need to live like that.

Then last week I needed something urgently from our coporate office and sent an email with my request. My co-worker sent what I needed but at the end of her email she said, "Pay it Forward." I emailed her back and told her that Tim and I had just watched that movie. She said she did too and we both discussed the good in the movie and how we both sobbed watching it. But I thought how odd, to hear pay it forward again. So, at that point I thought I must be being led to do something on these lines.

Then yesterday I don't know what I was doing online but came across something that was almost like flashing at me......it's called 29 Gifts in 29 Days................It's a challenge to give to others.......and I've taken it. It's not all about giving tangible things by any means. It started from someone who was wrapped up in her own mess, disease and pity party.....when someone told her to give 29 gifts in 29 days.......take the focus off her. Very interesting story. Check it out on http://29gifts.org/

So, for whatever reason I see God doing something in me............and I'm here with an open heart to see what He's up to.

Oh, and yesterday was Day 1 of my 29 and I gave encouraging words to a co-worker. She is in our corporate office and it started with a business email and just a Merry Christmas at the end when she responded and we started talking back and forth. She has no family where she lives so was talking about not being as excited about Christmas as usual. In our talking we found out we had so much in common and have had so many of the same challenges / still do. I was so blessed through that.

My verse today is another one with God getting me through this trial.......

Peace I leave you; My peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!