The Fun and Crazy happenings of our Fun and Crazy FAMILY!!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ooooops!........

Did I really say I would post something every day about the true meaning of Christmas? And share something from our family. Surely I didn't mean every day........well, I had good intentions. Usually do. Usually fall short.

But, here I am today. After going through a tough several days, I am DETERMINED not to waller in what I am going through. It will do me no good and will keep me depressed through this wonderful Christmas season. This is a season of "JOY" and that is how I want to live it. In joy. Believing God to get me through this and He be glorified through it.

So how is your shopping coming along? Don't ask about mine. A few things done but still lots to do. BUT, I'll get it done. Everyone have up their tree? I don't. I don't like that. I want it now. I have one up - my kitchen Christmas tree......I love it but I want my big one up in the den.


My daddy started his chemo today. I just talked to him and all went well. Thank you for all the prayers. Keep them up. We have to pray him through the next 6 months.
From my Christmas devotional......Preparing for Jesus

Listen: the light of Christmas shines into darkness! We should be the walking dead. What we deserve, in fact, is the absence of God - a cold and cosmic isolation - for this is our sin, that we chose to be gods in the place of God. In the day we disobeyed we began to die. We should, therefore, be dwelling in the land of deep darkness, mistrust, hatreds, hopelessness, finality, and death.

But here in a child comes God, the light! And light in darkness is a frightening thing. ("People loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil" John 3:19)

O my friend, a self-examination both humble and true most cause us to tremble before the Living God. Yes! - we will be "greatly troubled" at the appearing of angels.

But even as we feared, so do we rejoice when we hear the light say, "Don't be afraid. I have not come to punish but to give you life. I am no judge. I am the Savior born for you."

Life instead of death? That is a wonder! And the wonder is all the more intense because death had been expected - because death had been right!

The mercy of God? Is not this a dazzling wonder? And isn't Christmas wonderful after all?

No comments: