The Fun and Crazy happenings of our Fun and Crazy FAMILY!!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy New Year.......

.........and I know.....it's 1/2 in to January but this is the first time on my blog since the new year so thought I would wish everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year!

We brought in the New Year from our wonderful place in the country (Saratoga, TX). It was low key with our family. Tim's mom and John came in so we cooked up a mess of chili and gumbo New Years Eve. Then of course for New Years Day we had our typical Honey Baked Ham, Black-Eyed Peas, Cabbage, and Cornbread. It was yummy.....one of my favorite meals of all. Crumble up my cornbread, pile on the peas with juice and top it off with fresh onion....oh my!!!!

Without going in to tons of detail we had mediation regarding the custody issue with Matt and as of right now we have an agreement that I can live with / with peace. I prayed for God to work throughout that day and I truly know He did. HeIt could have gone bad....and according to the mediator, she thought the way it started we wouldn't be able to come to an agreement. I believe God exposed TRUTH and then things started to fall into place. Right now, a lot of the future is in Matt's court........ We want to see him walking down a path of goodness and make smart choices which over the last year he hasn't. If God places him on your heart, please pray. I just want my son to flourish in goodness.

If you have followed us long you know we are approaching our busiest time of the year. Rodeo Cook-off this year.....straight in to Rodeo......then our big annual cook-off with work. It's April before I slow down. On top of that.....Tim, myself and our best buds, James and Jill have a formed a cook-off team, Ruff -n- Rowdy Cookers. We are registered with the National BBQ Association and the Texas Gulf Coast BBQ Association. We did several cook-offs last year but plans are to do quite a few this year. We have so much fun doing them and most of the ones we do are for good causes. Tomorrow we do one for the Hold'em and Hit'em club benefiting youth and education. It's our first this year and we are so ready!!!! If you live in the Houston area come to the Farm and Ranch Club in Bear Creek......Friday night 6 to 10 and Saturday 10 to 10. It will be a fun time. Come see us.
I'll share more of what God is doing in a future post!!!!

No comments: