The Fun and Crazy happenings of our Fun and Crazy FAMILY!!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY.....LET'S GO RACIN' BOYS!!!!!!

Anyone that knows much about me or the Gannon's knows we are die-hard NASCAR racing fans. Sunday afternoons you will ALWAYS find us in front of the TV watching cars go fast and turn left!!!!!!

Tim and I have been fortunate over the last few years to get to go to quite a few races. We both work for a concrete construction company so often vendors give us tickets to go. Our company has built the crash walls at Homestead (Tim even got to drive the rental car around that track) and we are re-doing the track at Bristol this year after the spring race. How awsome. That is one track/race I must go to before I see Jesus!!!! We have been to Daytona race, several of the Phoenix races, last two Homestead races and last two Texas races. I got to go to Coca-Cola race back a few years ago!!!! If you like NASCAR and haven't been to a race - it is a must to really get to experience NASCAR!!! Watching on TV doesn't even do it justice!

We started a family tradition in 2005 and took our whole family to the Texas Race (Dickies 500) in November. Since we are Texans we don't have to worry about the airfare and can just drive up. We do rent camping spots and do the whole camping scene and have a blast. The kids love it. We love it. My brother and his family come from Mississippi and this coming year my other brother and his wife are coming. It grows every year and this year, 3rd Annual, is going to be the best yet. Our son, Eric, is designing us a dance floor so that while we are hanging out we can do some two-steppin'.



Obviously, you can tell who our favorite is!!!!! Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Well, my wonderful son-in-law decided he likes other drivers (won't mention their names, yuck!!) The girls tend to really like Kasey Kane as well (I'm sure it's because he is so dang cute). Several of our family members have other drivers they really like too but the census in the GANNON family is that JUNIOR ROCKS!!!!!!!

Our first race this year will be the race in Phoenix the weekend of April 20 - 22. We are heading there with some friends Thursday evening and back Sunday. We surely will have some FUN!!!!!!

Good Luck this year Junior

Go #8

4 comments:

Steph V said...

Whoo-hooo! I never got your opinion on Sunday's race! Interesting way to start the season!! I can't wait until the race, Jimmy and I have talked about it several times! I love your Junior-lovin' guts!!!!

Steph V said...

ok...next...

Anonymous said...

Kim - how on earth are you, girl? Richard & I are NASCAR freaks, too! ha! I would love to catch up with you. Send me an email - kelly.fisher@hfbc.org and let's catch up! Seems like there has been alot going on in your life!

Kim Gannon said...

Great to hear from you Kelly. Oh, we definitely need to catch up!!!