The Fun and Crazy happenings of our Fun and Crazy FAMILY!!

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

My Best Friend

I’m thinking Stephanie is getting upset with me because I’m not blogging appropriately (ofen enough). I guess I’m thinking I’m supposed to have some wonderful writing to post and forget it’s just a place to throw your thoughts out there so I’ll try to do better in the future.


OK, so can I just say that I miss Tim? He got on an airplane this morning headed to a meeting in Gulfport, MS and will be back tonight at 8:00. BUT, I miss him. He travels quite a bit with his job (which I understand and respect but I DON’T LIKE IT ONE SINGLE BIT). Our kids think we are such nerds because you would think he was gone all the time the way we act. A couple of weeks ago he flew to Miami very early in the morning. He left the house around 5:15 or so and I was still in the bed (pouting I’m sure). He hadn’t been gone 10 minutes and we were on the phone talking already. Shannon knocked on the door wanting to borrow my Chi straightener (note to self – get her one for her own so yours will always be in the bathroom when you need it; also a new brush, so it will be laying by your straightener on your vanity in the morning when you need it). OK, anyway, Shan comes in the door and sees me laying there on the phone and immediately starts shaking her head saying, “Are y’all already on the phone? He just left.” I told her that he had something he had to tell me (“he loves me and misses me”) so don’t worry about it!!! Yes, we talk as much as we can while he is away. I constantly await that one special ring tone to RING!!!!!

Another “nerdy” thing I do is watch him fly to his destination. I usually end up at the office late (after fighting horrible traffic – no HOV lane when he’s gone!!) and immediately go to the Continental website and plug in his flight number and it shows the actual flight status with picture of where the plane is at that very moment. I love it and refresh it often. Then when I see the status showing "landed, taxying to gate" I know that my phone will be ringing shortly! :)OK, that’s definitely the most “nerdy” thing I do but I don’t care. It just keeps me close to him. What can I say? I am in LOVE and it is so wonderful.


Depending on whether he’s an hour ahead of me (Florida) or an hour behind me (Arizona) we are each other’s alarm clocks. We would much rather awake to the sound of a ring tone (designated for each other) then hear each other’s voices than awake to a beeping alarm clock. I love it!!!!

Most of his trips are for 2 to 3 days so those I miss him terribly. This one he won’t even be gone overnight and will get to come home and crawl into the same bed as me tonight but today, I miss him. I love him. I am so grateful to God for my best friend, lover and soul-mate. Thank YOU Lord for my BEST FRIEND!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He has to be the luckiest man alive, hope he realizes that. I can't think of any man that wouldn't want his wife to express having those kinds of feelings about him. Hope he returns that same sense of overwhelming love to you. Remember all those people that are making fun and calling you a NERD either don't fully understand or have never lived with the feelings that are released from such passion!!!! Just by reading your words not to mention the beauty that is unveiled in those pictures. I can tell you would definately be someone that most any man would die to grow old with. For so many years i wished and dreamed of having a SMART, WITTY, KIND, SHARING, LOVING, GIVING WOMAN WHO'S BEAUTY WAS BEYOND WORDS TO DESCRIBE that would LOVE AND ACCEPT ME FOR WHO I WAS. Must really be something special to have those feelings coming at ya from such an extravagent woman!!!!
Signed - A LUCKY Man that NEVER HAS TO DREAM AGAIN!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Steph V said...

well...either you have a stalker or Papa Tim has jumped on the blogger bandwagon!! If you are a stalker - then back off or my step-daddy will beat you up, if it's you Papa Tim, then I love you so much more for loving my mama that much! Ya'll are noth nerds and I wouldn't want it any other way! ILY