The Fun and Crazy happenings of our Fun and Crazy FAMILY!!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Birthday JD...........

Five years ago today I was sick. Bad sick. Like couldn't hardly get out of bed sick. I was in bed in misery when my wonderful firstborn called with news she was about the give birth to her firstborn.....and my first grandchild. I'll never forget all the emotions I was feeling that day.....took me back to when I had her. Ahh, the joys of motherhood. But I was also torn to shreds because I had the flu and wouldn't be able to be there.

I got phone calls throughout when Steph finally told me the nurses said I could come if I would wear a mask. God, in all His glory, gave me strength to get myself dressed and headed to the hospital. I put on my mask and went in to witness the true miracle of birth. All three of mine were quiet tramatic and painful so I NEVER enjoyed them. I was glad when I was holding that precious Steph.....Shan......Matt but I can't say giving birth was an enjoyable experience.

But, I did enjoy watching my beautiful daughter give birth to Jimmy Dale Vandagriff III. Oh, he was so beautiful!!!!! I was blessed beyond words...............still am.

Today is JD's 5th birthday so I want honor him!!!! Happy Birthday JD. KK and Papa Tim love you so very much and we are both so very proud God chose us to be your grandparents. I hope you are blessed with a very special birthday.......because you are a VERY SPECIAL boy. You have brought so much joy and laughter to this family. Your funny faces.......your big precious smiles that you use your whole face with......your kindness and sweetness are true gifts to us all.


Hope you have a super birthday and I can't wait to get to enjoy Pizza tonight as we celebrate your big #5!!!! Happy Birthday JD!

No comments: