The Fun and Crazy happenings of our Fun and Crazy FAMILY!!

Friday, April 4, 2008

Celebrating Life

Well, I'm not blogging to tell you that today is my birthday but more importantly how blessed I am at the age of 45. I think the birthdays that hit on the 5's and 10's always seem to stand out more to me. This birthday has made me realize how if the Good Lord let's me live until I'm 80 then I have lived over half my life. If he decides to bring me home before 80, then I have definitely lived over half my life.


I am just so grateful for the Life the Lord has given me.


First, my salvation that gives me TRUE LIFE.

Secondly, a husband that I treasure with everything I have and love lavishly and know he feels the very same way about me!

Third, for kids that I love and am so proud of.

Fourth, two precious grandkids (so far - pray for many more). Grandkids. I can't even describe the joy they bring me.

Fifth, a family that I treasure.

Sixth, good health.

Seventh, for some priceless and dear friends.

Eighth, for a beautiful home, job and enough money to enjoy life.


I have learned not to take life for granted. I treasure each and every day as if it were my last. The Lord does not promise us a tomorrow. He knows the number of our days. I trust HIM there. SO, I want today to matter. I want to make a difference in my family's lives. I want them to know that I love them and not just assume it. I want to tell them (and I do) all the time, every chance I get, every time I talk to them that I love them. I want to show them every time I can. I do hope that the Father gives me many more years to spend with Tim, since we only found each other 4 years ago. We love each other so much and want to make up for the years apart. I want to watch each of our kids get married and have kids of their own. I want to treasure JD and Kenzie (and the others to follow) for many years.


BUT, all that said, if the Lord took me home tomorrow, I would have lived a very full, loved, and blessed life. And today, I celebrate LIFE!!!!!!!


1 comment:

Steph V said...

Yea! You are still alive! I knew that of course. I hope you had a wonderful birthday and I hope you are feeling better! I haven't talked to you in 48 hours so I am kinda going through withdrawels! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH Mama and I am so blessed to have such an incredible woman as a mama! Thanks for being the bestest mom and the very bestest KK!